, 2022-10-30 08:30:00,
DOVER, Del., Oct. 30, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Online shoppers love marketplaces because of buying convenience, vast product selection, frequent new arrivals, and cross-brand promotions. Marketplaces are the most successful eCommerce businesses out there, and all of the most popular shopping categories are run by women. Yet, women marketplace founders have to face a lot of headwinds. Our goal at Vendo is to unlock the marketplace business opportunities for women founders. And here’s how to go about it.
# The ugly truth is that women founders have to try harder and take rejection more often than their male counterparts.
It is a well-researched, reported, and widely recognized fact that there is a gender gap when it comes to raising VC money. Especially in the multi-vendor marketplace space, which used to be quite complex and demanding.
# Vendo changes that by empowering women marketplace founders the most.
Vendo offers women founders a $5,000 credit for customer success services leading to the marketplace go-live.
This $5,000-worth support package usually involves a series of goal-oriented workshops with Vendo co-founder, Mike Faber, including:
- An intro to the marketplace founders’ professional and personal backgrounds, the marketplace business idea, the underlying business model and resources available,
- A deep-dive discovery call into the supply and merchandising side of the marketplace: product categories, sourcing for vendors, vendor onboarding, merchandising and product catalog curation, vendor operations, analytics & reporting, SLA monitoring, customer care, payment reconciliation, invoicing, marketplace taxes,
- A deep-dive discovery call into the demand side of the marketplace: customer profile(s), customer acquisition, the marketplace money-making formula, the buying UX and customer journey, upselling and cross-selling techniques with network effects, loyalty and brand ambassadorial programs,
- A workshop to formulate the marketplace go-live plan, timeline, resourcing, tooling,
- A series of onboarding activities leading to the marketplace go-live.
As a result of this $5,000-worth customer success package, marketplace founders will be set up for eCommerce success, confident in pursuing their business goals, and either bootstrapped or venture-fueled growth.
# Women founders get only 2% of venture capital dollars.
Despite the top-selling eCommerce categories of fashion, home decor, and health & beauty being women-driven, it is often hard for female…
To read the original article, go to Click here